Chestnut – from about 130 to 290 Kcal/100 g
How to eat : roasted on fire, boiled, cocked in the oven and dried.
Composition : Rich in water and carbohydrates, low quantity of proteins, fats and fibers.
Amino-acids : aspartic and glutamic acid alanine, arginine, cystine, glycine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, histidine, leucine, lysine, proline, methionine, serine, tyrosine, tryptopphan, valine and threonine.
– Stimulate the immune system : we become stronger against infections
– Vigour : minerals contained in them help to recover from fatigue and flu, reinforce or regenerate muscles and nervous system
– Anti-oxidant : stimulate the collagen giving more elasticità to the skin
– Feed your hunger
– Prostate : the higher content of zinc prevent prostate problems
– Cholesterol : being rich of fibers helping to limitate the cholesterol absortion and with oleic and palmitoleic oil increase the good cholesterol and lower the bad one useful for the prevention of heart disease
– Coeliacs : they don’t contain gluten
Advise : diabetics, who suffers of colitis problems, liver and ed aerophagia.
Extra : take out inflammation of mouth and throat gargling with chestnut leaves infusion
To discard the chestnuts put them into water for about an hour, the bad ones float up.